Welcome to the Department of Economics in the Lee Business School at UNLV. The discipline of economics studies how to allocate scarce resource to meet unlimited wants. Nearly all public and private issues possess important economic angles. Thus, thinking as an economist provides valuable insights into our complex world. The economics major prepares students for jobs in businesses, financial firms, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations and for advanced degrees in business, economics, law, public administration, and other social sciences. The Economics major also complements learning in other areas of business and the liberal arts.
Recent School News
- Students Win $50 for Completing Course Evaluations
- Bloomberg Businessweek Ranks Lee Business School 72nd for Part-Time MBA Program
- CBER to Host Southern Nevada Economic Outlook Conference Dec. 16
- Lee Business School Names 2013 Alumna of the Year
- Marrocco Southern Nevada Business Plan Competition Accepting Applications
- What's in a Name?
- Global Entrepreneurship Experience Team Takes Contender Title
- Lee Business School Student Wins Local Undergraduate Entrepreneur Competition