Welcome to the Department of Economics in the Lee Business School at UNLV. The discipline of economics studies how to allocate scarce resource to meet unlimited wants. Nearly all public and private issues possess important economic angles. Thus, thinking as an economist provides valuable insights into our complex world. The economics major prepares students for jobs in businesses, financial firms, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations and for advanced degrees in business, economics, law, public administration, and other social sciences. The Economics major also complements learning in other areas of business and the liberal arts.
Recent School News
- UNLV Student Groups Named Finalists in Governor's Cup Business Plan Competition
- LBS to Honor Departmental Alumni of the Year
- 2014 LBS Course Syllabi Available Online
- Skyworks Aerial Systems Takes Top Prize in 2014 Southern Nevada Business Plan Competition
- Southern Nevada Business Plan Competition to Announce Winner April 4
- Lee Business School Maintains AACSB Accreditation in Business, Accounting
- Lee Business School Hosts First Career Fair April 10
- Architect Bill Smith to Give Insights into 'Creating CityCenter'