The student and the department graduate program coordinator will design each degree program. Students seeking a Master of Science in Accounting must comply with all general university requirements as outlined in the Graduate Catalog under which they are admitted. Students admitted prior to the current catalog may switch to a more recent version if desired.
Course Requirements (effective Fall 2014)
Total Credits Required: 30
Accounting Courses – Credits: 15
- Complete five 700-level Accounting (ACC) courses.
- Complete four graduate level Accounting or Non-Accounting elective courses from approved list. These may be 600 or 700-level courses.
- Select one of the following courses based on the area of the accounting profession you wish to pursue:
- ACC 701 – Federal Tax Topics
- ACC 706 – Auditing Theory and Applications
- ACC 715 – Advanced Management Accounting
- A minimum of 18 credits must be taken within Accounting.
- A minimum of 18 credits in 700-level courses.
- A maximum of 12 credits may be taken outside of Accounting.
Plan Graduation RequirementsThe student must submit all required forms to the Graduate College and then apply for graduation up to two semesters prior to completing his/her degree requirements.
ACCOUNTING COURSE OPTIONS: satisfaction of the 18 credits of coursework
NOTE: 600 level courses can only be included as part of the program IF you did not take the equivalent course as an undergraduate. Please not that not all classes will be offered each semester.
Some or all of the background business core may be completed before admission into the M.S. program. The Graduate Coordinator must approve exceptions or modifications of above program and requirements.
Accounting Undergraduate Program
Contact the Accounting Graduate Program
Dr. Kimberly Charron, Ph.D.
Room: BEH 412
Accounting Graduate Program
- Master of Science
- Program Highlights
- Admission Requirements and Process
- Tuition and Graduate Assistantship
- Non-Accounting Electives
- Information for UNLV Undergraduate ACC Students
- Non-Degree Seeking Information
- 150-hour CPA Requirement in NV
Related Accounting Links
Recent School News
- Spring 2013 Department of Accounting Newsletter
- LBS and Undergraduate Advising Office to Host Welcome to the Major 2014
- UNLV Economics Grad First in Family to Earn Graduate Degree
- Lied Institute, State Department of Business and Industry to Host Nevada Housing Forum Sept. 22
- LBS Students Win Big at American Marketing Association International Collegiate Conference
- EMBA Program Welcomes Largest Cohort
- LBS International Ambassadors Set to Study in London This Summer
- Edward Coulson Named Director of Lied Institute for Real Estate Studies