Master of Science in Accounting
The Master of Science in Accounting program (MSA) is designed to provide professional preparation at the graduate level for students wishing to pursue careers and advancement in taxation, public accounting, managerial or corporate accounting, and government. Our graduate courses help students extend and integrate their accounting knowledge by building on the knowledge received in undergraduate programs. The MSA also provides the necessary course work for sitting for the CPA exam in Nevada and other 150-hour jurisdictions.
Students may pursue either a full-time or part-time course of study to complete the 30-credit program. Students need not have an undergraduate degree in accounting or business. However, those without the undergraduate coursework on which the program builds will be required to complete those courses in addition to the 30-credit program.
Pursuing a career in accounting can provide a lifetime of professional opportunities. Earning your MSA is an investment in yourself and your future. I invite you to further explore the opportunities this program can offer by following the links on this web site for additional information.
We invite you to become a part of our challenging and inspiring program while augmenting your human-capital investments. The Lee Business School is accredited by AACSB International.
Dr. Kimberly Charron
Accounting Undergraduate Program
Accounting Graduate Program
- Master of Science
- Program Highlights
- Admission Requirements and Process
- Tuition and Graduate Assistantship
- Non-Accounting Electives
- Information for UNLV Undergraduate ACC Students
- Non-Degree Seeking Information
- 150-hour CPA Requirement in NV
Related Accounting Links
Recent School News
- Spring 2013 Department of Accounting Newsletter
- LBS Alumni Chapter to Host Taking Care of Business Golf Tournament
- LBS Students Win International Finance Competition, Compete in Global Final
- First Assessment Meeting a 'Success'
- First Cohort of Global Entrepreneurship Experience Students to Graduate
- UNLV Marketing Chapter Wins Big at International Collegiate Conference
- Students Win $50 for Completing Course Evaluations
- Global Entrepreneurship Experience Students Take Third Place in Governor's Cup