Center for Business & Economic Research
Welcome to the Center for Business and Economic Research (CBER). CBER was established in 1975 to: (1) make available academic expertise in research projects that assist in the development of the Nevada economy, with special emphasis on the Southern Nevada business community and (2) assist state and local agencies and private-sector enterprises in the collection and analysis of economic and market data in a way that contributes to the diversification and growth of the Southern Nevada economy. Our research and analysis services are conducted on a contract basis.
CBER's work is wide ranging. It includes:
- Tracking local, regional, and state economic conditions
- Providing high-quality local, regional, and state economic forecasts
- Conducting research for clients
- Maintaining a data base of economic variables and a number of regional economic models that can be used to assess economic impacts, forecast the consequences of long-term trends and evaluate changes in policy.
- Developing and providing data about the Nevada and Las Vegas economies
- Serving as a resource for television, radio, and print media on economic issues
- Publishing and disseminating monthly, quarterly, and annual reports that are data driven
- Nevada KIDS COUNT project
Recent School News
- LBS Alumni Chapter to Host Taking Care of Business Golf Tournament
- LBS Students Win International Finance Competition, Compete in Global Final
- First Assessment Meeting a 'Success'
- First Cohort of Global Entrepreneurship Experience Students to Graduate
- UNLV Marketing Chapter Wins Big at International Collegiate Conference
- Students Win $50 for Completing Course Evaluations
- Global Entrepreneurship Experience Students Take Third Place in Governor's Cup
- LBS Student Among Six to Receive Scholarships to UNLV Singapore