Welcome to the Department of Economics in the Lee Business School at UNLV. The discipline of economics studies how to allocate scarce resource to meet unlimited wants. Nearly all public and private issues possess important economic angles. Thus, thinking as an economist provides valuable insights into our complex world. The economics major prepares students for jobs in businesses, financial firms, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations and for advanced degrees in business, economics, law, public administration, and other social sciences. The Economics major also complements learning in other areas of business and the liberal arts.
Recent School News
- LBS Alumni Chapter to Host Taking Care of Business Golf Tournament
- LBS Students Win International Finance Competition, Compete in Global Final
- First Assessment Meeting a 'Success'
- First Cohort of Global Entrepreneurship Experience Students to Graduate
- UNLV Marketing Chapter Wins Big at International Collegiate Conference
- Students Win $50 for Completing Course Evaluations
- Global Entrepreneurship Experience Students Take Third Place in Governor's Cup
- LBS Student Among Six to Receive Scholarships to UNLV Singapore