Application and Admissions
AdmissionsCandidates for admission to the 2015-2016 EMBA Program will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Evidence of having been awarded the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with an overall GPA of at least 2.75
- Evidence of at least five years of full-time work experience, preferably with increasingly higher levels of decision-making
- Letters of Recommendation
- Corporate Sponsorship Letter indicating your company's direct support and commitment to your attendance in the EMBA Program.
- Personal Recommendation Letter from an individual who can evaluate your potential for success in a graduate degree program.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- Personal Interview
Application Deadline: March 27, 2015
Classes Begin: June 1, 2015. See here for Tentative Schedule.
EMBA Application Checklist
Instructions for EMBA Application
If at any time during your Admissions and Application process you have questions or need assistance, please contact Nikkole McCartin at (702) 895-2628 or Nikkole.McCartin@unlv.edu
Step 1: Document PreparationBefore beginning your online application you will need to prepare a number of items that will be uploaded along with your electronic application:
Transcripts – Request both unofficial and official transcripts from all previous institutions. You will upload the unofficial transcripts and send the official transcripts to the EMBA office at the address below. If you graduated from UNLV you will not need to request transcripts.
Resume – Be sure to detail out all work experience. Focus on any decision making, supervisory and budgetary responsibilities in your current position and/or previous positions.
Self-Evaluation – In one to two pages describe why you believe you are the ideal EMBA candidate, how the program fits into your career and/or personal goals and what skills and talents you possess that will benefit the cohort.
Step 2: Online ApplicationApply to the UNLV Graduate College here. A username and password will need to be created to begin the process. Please be sure to indicate Executive MBA as the program of study on the application and upload the above mentioned documents. You can complete the application during one visit or access the site multiple times, however, once you click SUBMIT, you will be unable to edit or upload any additional information.
Step 3: Application PaymentOnce the online application is complete, submit application fee:
- $100 Application fee for submissions made October 10, 2014 to January 31, 2015
- $150 Application fee for submissions made February 1, 2015 to March 27, 2015
Step 4: Secure Additional DocumentsIn order to complete the application process the EMBA office requires a Corporate Sponsorship letter, at least one recommendation letter and official GMAT scores. Click the links below to access convenient forms and additional information.
The Corporate Sponsorship letter - Letter of recommendation from your direct supervisor and the company demonstrating their support and commitment to your attendance in the EMBA program. The program is typically every other Friday and Saturday.
The Recommendation letter – Letter from an individual who can evaluate your potential for success in a graduate degree program.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) - The GMAT is a computer-adaptive test (CAT) which measures general verbal, mathematical and analytical writing skills. It is non-business specific and tests one's general verbal, mathematical and analytical writing skills. The GMAT is required of all applicants.
The test should be taken no later than two weeks prior to the application deadline. The official GMAT score must be forwarded directly to the UNLV EMBA office. GMAT scores are valid for five years.
The GMAT web site provides information on how to register and prepare for the GMAT. You may want to check your local area for additional test preparation resources.
If you have taken or scheduled the GMAT prior to submitting your application, please indicate the score and date scheduled or taken on the online application. You may submit the unofficial GMAT scores to the EMBA office during the application process; however, official copies of the GMAT must be submitted for consideration into the program.
Step 5: Personal InterviewOnce steps 1 through 4 have been completed and received by the EMBA office, you will be contacted to schedule the final step in the process, the personal interview. Please set aside a minimum of two hours for this meeting.
The letters of recommendation, official transcripts, $100 application fee and all other documents should be sent to the following address:
4505 S. Maryland Parkway, Box 456031
Las Vegas, Nevada 89154-6031
Nikkole McCartin, MBA
Director of EMBA
Room: BEH 214
Executive MBA Related Links
- Application and Admissions
- Important Dates
- Meet Cohort 13
- Meet Cohort 12
- International Seminar
- Guest Speakers
- Financial Aid
- EMBA Directory
- EMBA Google Site
- MBA Programs
Recent School News
- LBS and Undergraduate Advising Office Host Welcome to the Major 2014
- UNLV Economics Grad First in Family to Earn Graduate Degree
- Lied Institute, State Department of Business and Industry to Host Nevada Housing Forum Sept. 22
- LBS Students Win Big at American Marketing Association International Collegiate Conference
- EMBAs in the Making - Chris Sweeney
- Alum to Alum: Rebecca Metty-Burns
- Faculty Spotlight: G. Stoney Alder, Ph.D.
- EMBA Program Welcomes Largest Cohort