CBER Report: Slow, Uneven Economic Recovery in Southern Nevada
The local economy shows mixed signals in a new report covering a broad range of economic indicators.
The latest research from the Center for Business and Economic Research in the Lee Business School at UNLV found local improvement in early 2012 in areas including tourism and employment, even as retail sales and construction stumbled.
Overall, the figures point to economic recovery — albeit a slow, uneven one, said Steve Brown, the center's director. "There's enough going on that we're generally seeing growth, and we have a generally favorable outlook for growth," Brown said. "But compared to where we used to be, you could think of the local economy as being like a car that's not running on all of its cylinders."
Recent School News
- LBS Alumni Chapter to Host Taking Care of Business Golf Tournament
- LBS Students Win International Finance Competition, Compete in Global Final
- First Assessment Meeting a 'Success'
- First Cohort of Global Entrepreneurship Experience Students to Graduate
- UNLV Marketing Chapter Wins Big at International Collegiate Conference
- Students Win $50 for Completing Course Evaluations
- Global Entrepreneurship Experience Students Take Third Place in Governor's Cup
- LBS Student Among Six to Receive Scholarships to UNLV Singapore