Internal Auditing Program Receives Grant to Enhance Academic Offerings
The Internal Auditing Education Partnership at UNLV has received a $14,040 grant to enhance auditing course offerings and academic support.
The grant, awarded by the Internal Auditing Academic Advancement Fund, Inc., is administered by the Department of Accounting in the Lee Business School. Funds will help support curriculum and program development, teaching/graduate assistantships, and scholarships.
"I am very grateful to the IAAAF for supporting the internal auditing program at UNLV," said Paulette Tandy, chair of the accounting department. "This grant will allow us to continue to provide a high-quality internal auditing curriculum to our students."
The grant will enhance internal auditing courses in which students complete a simulated internal audit to gain real-life internal audit experience. They conduct a small-scale internal audit on a simulated client and prepare a report. Their findings and recommendations are presented to a panel of practicing internal audit professionals.
The accounting department also administers the Internal Audit Certificate Program, which currently enrolls 48 undergraduate and graduate students at UNLV. The program is designed to give students the latest information in the internal auditing profession and to award those who complete the program a valuable distinction.
UNLV was accepted as an IAEP school in 2008 and is endorsed by the Institute of Internal Auditors. UNLV is one of only 31 universities in the U.S. and only 43 universities worldwide with this designation.
For more information on enrolling in the audit certificate program, visit http://business.unlv.edu/accounting/Internal-Audit-Certificate-Program/.
Recent School News
- LBS Alumni Chapter to Host Taking Care of Business Golf Tournament
- LBS Students Win International Finance Competition, Compete in Global Final
- First Assessment Meeting a 'Success'
- First Cohort of Global Entrepreneurship Experience Students to Graduate
- UNLV Marketing Chapter Wins Big at International Collegiate Conference
- Students Win $50 for Completing Course Evaluations
- Global Entrepreneurship Experience Students Take Third Place in Governor's Cup
- LBS Student Among Six to Receive Scholarships to UNLV Singapore