Nevada Global Business Program Recruiting for Summer 2013
For the third year, the Lee Business School is partnering with the University of Nevada, Reno to send a handful of students abroad for the Nevada Global Business International Summer Study program.
The summer 2013 locale is London, England. From June 17-July 12, business school students will take two upper-division business courses and stay at the University of London.
The business school started the partnership with UNR's program to give students another business perspective in the age of global communication, said business school professional development coordinator Dana Angioni.
"One of the biggest benefits they receive is that they're able get exposure to another part of the world," she said. "They get out of their traditional environment and explore businesses in other economies. We want them to be able to speak on a global level."
Students will have a chance to put their classroom skills to work in the London business community, she added. "There are co-curricular learning opportunities with each course, and students are able to explore local businesses. We also plan some group activities to further immerse them in the culture."
For the six students who participated in last summer's Dublin, Ireland, study program, living abroad opened up another world of career and life possibilities.
"Experiencing new cultures helped broaden my global horizon and brought life to the material I learned," said Matt Kinzer. "It allowed me to truly experience diversity in the global market."
Michelle Weller agreed. "The classes were great and very informative, but getting out and exploring all the city had to offer was the most enriching and fun part of the trip," she said.
For more information, visit business.unlv.edu/leadership for an application or email Angioni at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent School News
- LBS and Undergraduate Advising Office Host Welcome to the Major 2014
- UNLV Economics Grad First in Family to Earn Graduate Degree
- Lied Institute, State Department of Business and Industry to Host Nevada Housing Forum Sept. 22
- LBS Students Win Big at American Marketing Association International Collegiate Conference
- EMBA Program Welcomes Largest Cohort
- LBS International Ambassadors Set to Study in London This Summer
- Edward Coulson Named Director of Lied Institute for Real Estate Studies
- Lee Business School Announces 2013 Faculty Award Winners