Donald Jones, J.D., LL.M., CPA
Don Jones joined the Department of Accounting faculty in January 2011 after a 30 year career in industry and private practice. His experiences consist of 3 years in industry, 4 years in the practice of law and 25 years in Big-Four public accounting. He retired in 2010 from Deloitte as a Tax Director.
Mr. Jones served as an Adjunct Professor of Law at Capital University Law School from 1991 to 2005. He taught classes in Corporate Taxation and Tax Research in the Graduate Tax Program.
Mr. Jones received a BSBA in Accounting from Bowling Green State University, a Juris Doctor from The University of Akron School of Law, and an LL.M. (Taxation) from Georgetown University Law Center. He is admitted to practice law in Ohio (Inactive status). He is a CPA licensed in the District of Columbia, Texas and Nevada.
Mr. Jones teaches Federal Taxation, Law for Accountants I; Law for Accountants II; Tax Research Methodologies and Practice Before the IRS; and Laws, Regulations and Ethics in the EMBA program.
Recent School News
- LBS and Undergraduate Advising Office to Host Welcome to the Major 2014
- UNLV Economics Grad First in Family to Earn Graduate Degree
- Lied Institute, State Department of Business and Industry to Host Nevada Housing Forum Sept. 22
- LBS Students Win Big at American Marketing Association International Collegiate Conference
- EMBA Program Welcomes Largest Cohort
- LBS International Ambassadors Set to Study in London This Summer
- Edward Coulson Named Director of Lied Institute for Real Estate Studies
- Lee Business School Announces 2013 Faculty Award Winners